Coronavirus- COVID- 19: Things are progressing more quickly each day with the Coronavirus which is now Pandemic and it effects every corner of our World. NHS & Government bodies and Church leaders are all working hard to find ways to deal with this virus and we must all play our important part in battling against it. Some precautionary measures that we are taking in the parish;
- The Holy Water founts in our churches are now empty of Holy Water.
- There will be no sign of peace at Mass.
- If people could all receive Holy Communion on their hand and not on their tongue.
- The Chalice (the precious blood) will not be offered for Holy Communion at Mass.
- If you are unwell you should not be going to Mass- do not push yourself to go to Mass if you are not well- you must stay at home.
- Follow NHS guidelines- especially washing your hands often and using hand sanitisers.
- There will be no Mass in St. Brendan’s Home until further notice. If St. Brendan’s Home or the Hospital need the priest they will contact Fr. John Paul directly.
- John Paul will not be visiting the housebound just now unless they urgently need a visit. He will phone around to see if there is an urgent need for any visits.
Canon John Paul: wishes to thank everyone for their very kind words of love and support after his installation as a Canon of the Diocese. It was a lovely service and Mass last Tuesday in St. Columba’s Cathedral. Canon John Paul wishes to thank everyone their cards and gifts- your kindness is greatly appreciated. It will take a while to get use to the new title- Canon John Paul or Canon MacKinnon!!
Recent Deaths: we remember in our prayers the repose of the soul of Anne Campbell (Anne Mhicheil Ceit) of Horve & Glen who passed away peacefully on Wednesday 11th March at the of 69. Anne’s Requiem Mass took place on Saturday 14th March in Our Lady Star of the Sea in Castlebay and afterwards Anne was laid to rest in Cuithir Cemetery. We extend our prayers of love and sympathy to all Anne’s family & friends at this sad time.
We also remember in our prayers the repose of the soul of John MacKinnon ( John a’ Bhap) of Eoligarry who passed away suddenly on Friday 13th March at the age of 58. John’s Requiem Mass is planned for Tuesday 17th March in St. Barr’s in Northbay at 11am (remains being received into Northbay Church on Sunday at 4.00pm). We extend our prayers of love and sympathy to all John’s family and friends.
Eternal rest grant unto them and let perpetual light shine upon them. May they rest in peace. Amen.
Recent Baptism: we warmly welcome into the family of the church Freya Rose MacIvor who was baptised last Sunday in Our Lady of the Waves on Vatersay. We wish Freya and her parents and Godparents every blessing.
Stations of the Cross: There will be No Stations of the Cross today.
SCIAF Collection: next Sunday (22nd March) is the 4th Sunday of Lent and on this Sunday we will take up a Special collection for SCIAF.